Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing Ten

Wikis are a neat invention. When I watched that first little intro video about the camping, I thought what a good idea that is. It sure seems much more organized for friends planning something, but the wikis where anyone could write on it seemed to be more disorganized and out of control. Looking at some of the Wikis listed, I think libraries could use this format for book clubs, new book listings, maybe posting comments about a project that is being worked on in a school setting. I think it is a good idea to ban Wikipedia for a source when teaching students to write papers. Wikipedia could be used as a place to start, but the student should find better more reliable sources later. I went to Wiki Sandbox to Babel, Visitor Counter Request to edit things.

No comments: